19. april 2010

Easter trip.....

This Easter my family and I went to visit the in laws up north in Meløy.
It was a long drive 12 hours, hb, me and 3 children in the car. 2 wc stops and a dinner....
 

It was a blessing to arrive. I`m a southern Norwegian city girl.... I`ll never get just to driving
threw winter winding mountain roads.....


The best part about staying over with our children`s grandparents must be that hb and I got to sleep in....
our early birds woke up the grandparents in stead of us..... Yes, I love them so much.
Good food, babysitters, beautiful Easter weather, new sunglasses what more could I ask for?

A trip to the local quilt shop....


It`s name is Krambua, and it`s more a crafting shop who has a bit of everything.
A quilters/knitters dream come true. I got to visit twice....Yes, I did... :oD

The store is owned and run by about 10 ladies from the local quilt guild. 
Laila Krogh is one of them, a really nice lady. We spent 2 hours talking while we had a show and tell. I had brought my red work "the Wish quilt" blocks, the round angel cloth, a knitting and my scissor keeper in the making designed by Lynett Anderson. Laila showed me MANY of her makings both in the shop and on her camera. 
I`M amazed.

 
I guess it`s needles to say I bought A LOT?.... ha ha ha
She had fabrics Siw dosen`t have......


...and YARN! Yarn you can`t by at Jens Hoff in Trondheim.


 
I bought one of Laila Kroghs own designs, and I`m looking forward to start sewing.

 
I also bought a kit made by both Laila and Rie Norum. Meløy is Rie Norums homested, and she went to the same school as my hb, (I belive in my brother in laws parallel class, he is a year younger). So the kit is made of scraps from one of Ries quilts ( from her book: Quiltegleder), how cool is that...?


I also signed on to a local competition called "The Secret" (Hemmeligheten). The Quilt guild will have a exhibition at the summer fest days ("sommerfest dagan" ), at the beginning of August.

You need to use all six fabrics (their about 11" x 11"), and there need to be a triangle included.....

I bought four more fabrics to go with.... just in case.... yes! sight.....


My design has been "in my head" ever since, but today it finally came together and down on paper. yay....

Now I only need some "my time" in the sewing room.....


Hanne-Kristine

2 kommentarer:

  1. Du skriver så godt - arti å få være med deg på Quiltebesøk:-)
    Lykke til med prosjektet - vi har begge nok å ta til med
    Happy quilting:-0

    SvarSlett